1 cup butter softened 1 egg yolk 2 cups all-purpose flour 1/2 cup semi-sweet real chocolate chips 1 (1.4-ounce) milk chocolate English toffee candy bar, crushed. 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1. Heat oven to 325° degrees. Combine the brown sugar and
butter in a large mixer bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping
bowl often, until creamy (1 to 2 minutes). Add egg yolk;
continue beating until well mixed. Reduce speed to low. Add
flour; beat until well mixed (1 to 2 minutes).
2. Press mixture evenly onto bottom of ungreased 15x10x1-
inch jelly-roll pan.
3. Bake for 22 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
(Bars will be soft.)
4. Sprinkle the bars immediately with chocolate chips; let
stand 3 minutes. Swirl chips slightly with table knife or back
of spoon. Sprinkle with toffee chips.
5. Cool 1 hour; cut into bars with sharp knife while